How to Know God
God’s Purpose: Peace and Life
God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life—abundant and eternal.
The Bible says…
We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1). For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
Why don’t most people have this peace and abundant life that God planned for us to have?
We must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and receive Him by personal invitation.
The Bible says…
- Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me (Revelation 3:20).
- Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).
- That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).
Where are you? Will you receive Jesus Christ right now?
Here is how you can receive Christ:
- Admit your need (I am a sinner).
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Saviour.)
How to Pray:
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Saviour.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
God’s Assurance: His Word
If you prayed this prayer, The Bible says…
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:13). Did you sincerely ask Jesus Christ to come into your life? Where is He right now? What has He given you? For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8,9). Receiving Christ, we are born into God’s family through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer. This is called regeneration, or the new birth. This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. To deepen this relationship you should: Read your Bible everyday to know Christ better.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about Christ.
- Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached.
- As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
Bible Reading Plans
We believe that Christian baptism is a public declaration of and identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection signified by immersion in water.
(Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4; I Peter 3:18-22).
A child dedication service is actually parent commitment service. It is a promise by the parents to offer their child to the Lord and dedicate themselves to the raising of the child for the glory of God.
We understand that planning a wedding from start to finish is a busy affair and we want to make any involvement that we may have in your wedding be a simple and straightforward affair.
Harvest Bible Chapel Muskoka
By-laws 1 and 2 Document