We believe that Christian baptism is a public declaration of and identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection signified by immersion in water.
(Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4; I Peter 3:18-22).
- They are not able to articulate or profess their faith clearly.
- “That looks cool. Can I do that?”
- You have not seen fruit in their lives to suggest they are, in fact, walking with Christ.
- They are a “good kid” wanting to do the right thing, but may not have yet connected the act of baptism with the meaning behind the symbol. Maybe they know they should do it, want to do what is right, but don’t really grasp what it means. In this case, take the opportunity to fill in the substance behind the symbol.
- They just want to please their mom or dad
If you are interested in following the Lord in obedience through baptism, please sign up for our next baptism by completing our Baptism Application.